Travel Photography: I Heart Hawaii.
Oh man. Hawaii is amazing.
Phil and I recently spent a few nights in Maui and Kauai; the photos you see are some of my favorite from our trip. Although I took a ton of photos, nothing can fully capture the abundant beauty that surrounds you when you step off the plane, or the taste of coconut & pineapple shave ice (with a scoop of ice cream on the bottom.)
We biked down the side of an inactive volcano on Maui after watching the sun rise from its top. We chased chickens around (okay, that was mostly me!) We visited tons of beaches along the North shore on Kauai. There is so much to see and do here. I can't wait to go back.
Some context for the images you see to your right:
- Some of my favorite meals (shave ice counts as a meal, damnit!)
- Penguins at our hotel in Maui (pretty sure penguins are not indigenous to Maui but we'll let that slide due to their cuteness factor)
- Haleakata Crater at Sunrise
- Coastlines galore
- The grounds at the Waimea Plantation Cottages
- Chickens and chicks
- Kauai mountains (queue Jurassic Park theme song)
- The dramatic Ke'e Beach at sunset
- The Grand Canyon of the Pacific, Waimea Canyon on Kauai